Collection: Part 3

Reflection

Image

Image

Image

Image

model making

model making

model making

IMG_3207.jpg

model making

IMG_3205.jpg

model making

IMG_3204.jpg

Text box

IMG_3203.jpg.1

model making

IMG_3202.jpg

model making

IMG_3201.jpg.1

13/8/2017

This Friday we got accessed to the workshop, but I was not able to use the ceramic workshop so I bought some materials to make things at home. I used plaster and wooden hand model that I bought at the art shop. but still, I hope that I might get the chance to use the ceramic workshop next week.IMG_3200.jpg

Image

11 August

Lester day had tutorial with teachers, in which occasion they gave me suggestion on how to make mode tomorrow. It's quite difficult for me to make a hand mode, and empty inside. So they suggested me in making the model by gloves and bending wires. After forming it into shape, I would put plaster into the glove and after it dried, the hand would naturally came into shape. in the afternoon I found some references from the library. 

8 August

Yesterday had tutorial with Georgia, and did some sketches on each project. Georgia told me that I could develop further depend upon the sketches that I have done for dark arts theme. like making some ceramic pieces on different shapes of hands, and fill them with threads, as if they are coming out of the fingertips. I like the idea and decide to do some detail sketch and visit the ceramic workshop on Friday. IMG_3087.jpg

Image

Image

sketch for the third theme

research on theme 3

I remembered that in project 3, structure and surface, I have always wanted to develop the coral shape into something else, like some patterns put together by baby's face, nut because of the time limit, I wasn't able to do so at that time, and the tutor told me that I could develop it in the final project.It's mainly based on my belief that when we were born, every one was created equal, which was pure and innocent, and the feature looked very serene and peaceful. I have seen in the victorian museum that people hung faces of people who had done great tribute to the country on the wall, as a kind of reminder and remembrance to those great thinkers, then why not make a wall decoration with children's faces to remind people the importance of keeping a youthful heart and always think best of people in today's world. IMG_2994.jpg

three themes

I have settled on my three themes and they are: protection, dark arts and structure. the first one I want to do a kind of creative art form, that is to combine ceramic arts with stage art, maybe to create a kind of puppet show. the second is mainly based on my love for myths, folk lore and legend, something gothic and medieval. as for the third one, I have always want to develop this further on the third project, but because of time limit, I wasn't able to do so at that time. 

sketch of first theme

IMG_2996.jpg.1

museum tour

sketches for the second theme

first theme development

I have finished my sketching for the first theme, it was mostly based on religion, because of the historical story in our country is that people built caves on sand cliffs in the desert centuries ago and they  set up statues of buddhist inside the cave, praying for protection on their way to transport goods to other countries. So buddhist is the religious symbol for protection. I wish to make some porcelain figure wearing silk clothes flying in the air, and here is my sketch. the research for this is based on a book called ART MASTERPIECES OF DUNHUANG.IMG_2997.jpg

second theme development

The second theme is about dark arts , because of my special interest in myths, gothic stories,etc. so during wednesday's visit time I went to Oxford to collect samples on churches and sculptures on those building. And use monsters that's mentioned in ancient greek stories to draw some patterns, I am thinking about maybe this the second theme could be combined with the first theme, because these gothic monsters and symbols of disease were the things that people fear, and maybe I could print them on the fabric that's worn by buddhist structures stating that the buddhist protect us from those fears. 

museum tour

museum tour

museum tour

sketch for theme2

sketch for theme2

sketch for theme2

Image

sketch for theme2

IMG_2203.jpg